Saturday, September 10, 2011

The one you need to watch

So this week is the final week of me going through my favorite shows on that I have watched for a couple years now. After discussing the best shows on CBS, ABC, and NBC; today I discuss FOX, which of course contains the show that replaced Lost for me. I'd also like to mention several of these shows are now have their latest show on DVD, so essentially all of you need to get on it. I will also mention some other random shows I watch that are not on the national cable channels. Let's get to it.

Glee
There isn't much to say about Glee considering I know most of you reading this probably already watch it. I will say it took me about four episodes until I checked out this hugely buzzed show. It certainly impressed me since it was so unique and out of the ordinary. With that said, it is not the best show on television. It should not have won the Golden Globe for Best Comedy its first season. Sure, I chuckle at certain parts, most of them containing Sue. But there is no doubt I could name five funnier comedies. Now, with that being said it doesn't mean it's not a good show. Personally, I think what keeps me coming back are the performances and music. There is no doubt that those actors are also talented singers and dancers. I will say though, season two was a little disappointing and as I've said before. I'm really hoping they can revamp season three and focus it on quality music and more realistic story lines.

Fringe
You need to watch this show. Now. Go. Rent it, buy it, find it illegally, find it at the library but somehow everyone of you needs to watch at least a few episodes of this show. It is brilliant. Again another show from J.J. Abrams does not disappoint. The acting is phenomenal (still bitter about the zero acting Emmy nods they received) and it is easily the most under rated show on TV. This is not a show you can join, unfortunately, which is the main reason it only has a core group of fans. It is sci-fi, it is a little weird but I probably laugh more in this show then I do in Glee. The plots are brilliant, the overarching stories are mysterious and fascinating and the chemistry between the three core characters is remarkable. Out of all the shows I have talked about I'd want you to watch this one. I will say, I almost stopped watching. The first half of season two is slow, but from that second half to the end of season three is the best television I have seen. Please, at least watch the pilot. I promise you will not regret it. It makes you think, makes you laugh, makes you excited for each and every episode.

So, as far as premium cable shows I watch, Dexter has to be my favorite. I also watch Nurse Jackie, The Big C, and just recently started watching True Blood (and currently on season three). Dexter, though, is easily the best and my favorite. It is only premium show that I watch during the fall and come October 2nd, my life will be right again. Dexter is weird, odd, freaky, scary, messed up and awesome. Since watching the first episode and the rest of the first four seasons last summer I have been addicted. I then watched season five last year and have a feeling that this next season will be the best by far. What I have been reading about plot stories, I think this is a season to blow the other seasons out of the water. I just hope I'm right.

With that some television side notes.
1. One weekish! A week from Sunday the Emmy's will finally arrive and I for one is super excited. This year will be extremely interesting and I think unpredictable. I will be predicting my winners next week so look out for that. I haven't decided if I want to choose the real winners or the winners in my eyes.
2. For those of you who are on top of Dexter and are just as excited as I am for next season, please check out this very informative and exciting video preview of this sixth season!
3. So this coming week, we've got some new shows premiering and I thought I'd let you know I will be checking out Ringer, starring Sarah Michelle Geller and then Up All Night starring Christina Applegate and Will Arnett. Ringer (which I wasn't planning on watching but after reading the cover story of Entertainment Weekly, I must check it out) premieres at 8 p.m. on Tuesday and Up All Night is at 9 p.m. on Wednesday. Check both of those out!

With that I say... Live long and prosper!

No comments:

Post a Comment