Friday, August 26, 2011

The shows close to my heart

So with the new season coming up I thought it would warn you all of the shows I currently watch and will most likely talk about all year. I apologize to all of you who are big fans of shows on TNT, CW and TBS but I do not watch any shows on either of those channels. I would also like to say I don't watch popular shows like Big Bang Theory, Chuck, House or any other shows you wish for me to talk about. Hopefully after all of these you will want to check all of these shows out. Today I'll start with the shows I watch on ABC and CBS.

Grey's Anatomy
Oh how much I love Grey's Anatomy. I have to say, it is probably the best show to watch reruns of, it never ever gets old. And as much as I love this show and with all the ups (the finale when Meredith is waiting for Derek with the candle house) and the downs (Izzie having sex with an imaginary Denny or dating George) I highly believe this should be the last season. With many of the casts contracts up at the end of the season and Patrick Dempsey saying he does not want to return, the show needs to end. Eight seasons is a very successful show and I believe all the stories have been told. Although, it would be very sad and upsetting if it would be the end. As bad as the bad episodes are I still very much enjoy Grey's. It makes me laugh, it makes my mom and sister cry and it makes me feel like I know medicine. As apparently unrealistic the show depicts doctor, there is no lack of entertainment in this show.

How I Met Your Mother
I love that I can say I watched this show from the very start. From the first time the show aired I have been addicted. Probably one of the funniest comedies I watch and has that old style of a Friends kind of show. NBC is addicted to this quick, sharp comedy like The Office, Parks and Rec and 30 Rock (all shows I watch and love). Which is why HIMYM is such a great change of pace. It has an awesome mix of characters, wacky stories and an overall plot that makes you want to keep watching. I will say though, having signed on for two more seasons, I am getting a little impatient of finding Ted's wife. It'd be great if we could get some real answers this season. Cross your fingers.

The Good Wife
If Mad Men wins the Emmy again for best drama I'll be very upset. Because there is no doubt in my mind that this show should totally win that accolade. This and Fringe are probably the best two television shows on right now. The court cases, the overall arch of her husbands indiscretions, the relationship with the other lawyers, there is no show better. By far the best law show on TV as well. Not even comparable to Law and Order because you could just watch one episode and understand but there are so many more interesting personal things happening that keeps you coming back. You care about the characters. Sometimes I don't feel that about the Law and Order shows. If you pick any drama show to watch, please check this out. It's absolutely brilliant.

I don't want to bore you too much, so with that I give you some lovely side notes.
1. Shout out to Boy Meets World who taught me the printing press was invented by Johannah Gutenberg in 1450. Isn't that always the thing. You learn the best from what is said in TV shows. Made me feel real smart in my history of journalism class.
2. Interesting new show in the works for Shonda Rhimes (creator of Grey's and Private Practice). It's about the first ever luxurious hotel ever created in 1895. Following stories of the family that owns it, their employers and interesting guests. Sounds actually really interesting. Look for this one in the future. It's called Gilded Lilly's.
3. The last might interest you Glee fans. Looks like Santana and Brittany will be back on the Cheerios. Watch this promo to see them in uniform and all your other favorites. Surprise, surprise, Lea Michele heads the background music. Gosh, I just hope this season is better than last.


With that I say... Live long and prosper.



No comments:

Post a Comment